At Akram Yoga we have two unique studios. We have our Hot studio where we run daily heated yoga classes. Our classes are NOT Bikram yoga. We do not have a set sequence. Our teachers are all unique and you will find a fluid blend of hatha and vinyasa yoga. Our studio is heated naturally to around 35 degrees. We use water to heat our studio meaning the experience is not as 'intense' as a Bikram class.
Our mission statement is that we want you to leave talking about the yoga first. Not the heat.
Our hot classes are for ALL ability levels. You come along and simply do what you can. We encourage you to do what feels right for you.
If you’re feeling apprehensive or even a little intimidated, don’t let it stop you from coming to class. Our classes are designed for beginners so with a little practice and experience, you’ll feel right at home.
WHAT TO BRING
1) Please try to arrive 15 minutes before class starts so we can register your details, show you where everything is, and have a chat about your yoga. After this, try and arrive 10 minutes before each class and check in at the reception desk, even if you have made an online booking. Please note ❗️ the doors to our studio open 30 minutes before the start of each class and will close when the class starts. So please try not to be late 😐.
Also note we have an intercom system at the front door. Please ring the bell on arrival.
2) Please bring a large towel or yoga towel to place over the yoga mats we provide for you. The mat or towel must cover the length of the yoga mat. For hygiene, we do not allow bare feet on the yoga mats. We do not provide towels and we can’t lend towels for health and safety concerns but we do sell yoga towels for £25. You can also bring an extra towel if you plan to shower.
3) Dress in cool, comfortable clothes such as yoga pants, shorts, trunks, vests or t-shirts.
4) Yoga is non-competitive so there is no need to feel self-conscious; during the practice, each student simply focuses on themselves. You can expect the teacher to guide you and instruct you with respect.
5) Showers 🚿 and changing rooms 🚻 are available for 30 minutes after class. It is very important that our customers are ready to leave the changing rooms 30 minutes after the end of the class. This gives us the necessary time to clean the changing rooms for the next class and perform our health and safety checks.
6) Remember that everyone had their first hot yoga class, even the students who make it look effortless. Persevere and commit to a regular yoga practice and you can too!
Booking your class at our studio couldn't be any easier. View our price list and select an option to purchase.
If you don't have time to book, don't worry. Just turn up and we will find you a mat.
The Old Barclays Bank
157 Station Road,
Addlestone, (near Weybridge),
Click here to find us.
Akram Hot Yoga 2018, Stretched into position by Dan James