TERMS & CONDITIONS
PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE -
- Students should be physically fit enough to do the course and have stable home circumstances which will permit them to show the commitment required to succeed on the course.
- Level of practice is not as important as the will and commitment to improving. Practitioners with a "weaker" physical practice will be expected to show significant improvement during the course. Failure to do so may result in them not being able to pass the course.
- A deposit of £500 is required to secure a place on the course and should be paid at the time of the booking. The deposit is non-refundable.
- The remaining fee should be paid 30 days before the beginning of the course. Payment by instalments for hardship cases may be considered at the school's discretion.
- Any student paying by instalments will be obliged to complete the payments regardless of whether or not they finish the course.
- Applications will be taken on a first come first served basis and students who have paid their deposit will have priority over those who haven’t.
- All applicants must complete the application form available online at www.akramyoga.co.uk or one will be sent by email.
- Pre-existing medical/mental conditions must be declared on the application form. Non-declared needs cannot be taken into consideration if they later prove to be an issue with the student being able to complete the course.
- We reserve the right to refuse a place to students who have not paid their deposit or full fees by the required date or have not provided a reference.
- We reserve the right to refuse a place to students whom we deem unsuitable for any reason.
- The fees must be paid in full and any private sessions paid for before a graduation certificate will be issued.
What fees include/ what is not included
- Training and assessment by a qualified Yoga Alliance UK SYT
- 3x full manuals and other appropriate paperwork
- Travel, accommodation and food for yourself
- A certificate; paying the fees does not guarantee you a
certificate as you will need to successfully pass all assignments and attend a minimum of 90% of the course.
- Course books (recommended reading material).
During the Course:
Students are expected to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner.
Students will be required to attend at least 90% of the modules and complete all the assignments. Students not complying with this requirement will be required to make up the missing modules at an additional cost, see point 7.
Unauthorised absence. If a student is unable to attend a session, for example due to illness, they are expected to contact Zahir Akram in a timely manner, preferably before the start of the session. If they do not do so the absence will be deemed unauthorised. Two unauthorised absences for any reason whatsoever, will lead to dismissal from the course.
Students are expected to have completed all their assignments before they take their final practical exam. In exceptional circumstances a grace period may be permitted but no certificate can be issued until all assignments are completed to a satisfactory standard.
If any practical assignments are required to be repeated a pro rata module fee of £100 will apply. Resubmission of written assignments will incur a marking fee of £20.
Students are expected to be developing a home practice as part of their studies and should keep a practice diary which can be shown to the tutors on request.
Extensions may be granted if student is unable to complete the requirements due to unforeseen circumstances, for example, health issues. A medical certificate will be required in support. Should this occur students would have to wait until the missed modules are next scheduled in order to take them, alternatively private sessions may be arranged with the SYT at additional cost.
Students may make up two missed modules after the course at the discretion of the SYT, free of charge by joining the following year’s group. If any further modules are missed a fee of £100 per day will apply, unless an exceptional circumstances extension has been granted.
Continuous assessment is an integral part of the course and the SYT can remove a student from the course at any time if he feels that student is not suitable to become a teacher.
As a student of Akram Yoga Teacher Training, you consent to your contact details (name, email and phone number) being passed onto our partners, Yoga Alliance Professionals, so they can contact you directly and invite you to register as a Trainee and Teacher. You have the option of opting out of this registration process.
Cancelation of Course: - Course leaders reserve the right to cancel the course at any point. If there are insufficient student numbers to make the course viable and the course is not started a full refund would apply. For other circumstances please refer to the refund policy.
Refund Policy for Retreats and any Teacher Training Programmes
We would like to remind you that the initial deposit made is non-refundable. This policy is in place to ensure the sustainability of our offerings.
Regarding the full payment, it is also non-refundable after completion. Nevertheless, we deeply value goodwill and positive relationships. Therefore, in the event that you are unable to fulfil your commitment, we will endeavour to refund the amount minus the deposit, provided we can allocate your spot to another participant. This approach reflects our dual commitment: staying true to the essence of yoga in fostering community and understanding while also responsibly managing our business.
Student Pulling Out of Course
- We appreciate that personal circumstances may change, and students may need to pull out of the course for a variety of reasons, and each case will be considered on its own merits.
- Students being dismissed from the course will not be entitled to any refund.
Procedure on how to make a cancellation
- Cancellations must be communicated in writing to Zahir Akram.
- Cancellations with exceptional circumstances for consideration of a refund must be supported by documentary evidence, e.g. a medical certificate.
PLEASE EMAIL ZAHIR@AKRAMYOGA.CO.UK IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.
Booking your class at our studio couldn't be any easier. View our price list and select an option to purchase.
If you don't have time to book, don't worry. Just turn up and we will find you a mat.
The Old Barclays Bank
157 Station Road,
Addlestone, (near Weybridge),
Click here to find us.
Akram Hot Yoga 2018, Stretched into position by Dan James